Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Those who are of the vintage will remember one of the most singularly popular shows on DD decades ago, when there were literally ‘singular’ English TV series airing on Doordarshan, and that too, weekly. The show was Doogie Howser and it starred a young actor called Neil Pattrick Harris, who played the lead role of a school-going kid.
Well, things only got better for young Neil, because now, amongst fans of Hollywood TV series, he is a very popular name, having starred in a pivotal role in the popular sitcom, How I Met Your Mother. Indian fans can now enjoy the show across all its 9 seasons shot so far, right from episode 1, on Romedy NOW, one episode a day, five days a week, Mondays to Fridays, at 8.30 pm, starting Monday the 14th of December 2015.
We got our hands on a pictorial interview… so what’s this? An inter-graphic?]
What was that again?!
- Neil Patrick Harris is in real life an expert magician
- Barney is truly the inventor of the bro code. According to the number of Google searches the phrase was non-existent until 2008
- Neil Patrick Harris made $210,000 per episode, while rest of the cast made $120,000 per episode
- Barney wears the infamous ducky tie for 11 episodes
- In most “statistics” Barney Stinson expresses, the numbers 83 or 8 and 3 are involved. And in one instance, when he posed as an elderly man, he claimed his age was 83. In another, Barney wants to get in bed with a woman from a magazine, and her picture appears on page 83
- Famous for his suits in this series, Barney has suits for every occasion, including flight suit for Halloween and suitjamas for sleeping in
- Suit up! is Barney’s famous catch phrase and during the entire 9 seasons there are only 12 times when Barney doesn’t suit up
- Barney’s brother James was gay and married Tom and had 2 kids, a boy and a girl, it was related to Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, who got married and had 2 kids, a boy and a girl
- Neil Patrick Harris’s character Barney Stinson cannot use chopsticks. In every episode where they eat Chinese food and use chopsticks, Barney always picks up the food with the chopsticks and it falls
- The famous Barney catch phrases, “Have you met Ted”, “What up”, “Wait For it” & “Suit up” all appear in the pilot episode. And of course.. Legen…. wait for it……dary!