Which non-Amazon items were the biggest sellers in India on Amazon’s Prime Day sale? The Redmi Y2 Gold 32 GB smartphone, the Mi 10000mAH Li Polymer Power Bank 2i, and, hold your breath, Tata Salt. That’s the eclectic mix of top sellers from India during the recent Prime Day sale on Amazon worldwide, when Amazon Prime members purchased more than 100 million products, making it the Biggest Global Shopping Event in Amazon History.
Best-sellers worldwide were the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote and Echo Dot – making this, with 12-hour early access to device deals, the biggest event ever for Amazon devices.
But let’s get back to the thread we opened this story with. If it was Tata Salt, the Re, what were the prime sellers amongst non-Amazon items in other countries on Prime Day? Here’s the list:
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
Customers’ most popular purchase this Prime Day was the Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, which was not only the best-selling Amazon device, but also the best-selling product from any manufacturer in any category across Amazon globally.
Top sellers from around the world, excluding Amazon devices, include:
U.S.: Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; 23 and Me DNA Test; LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- U.K.: Bosch Cordless Drill; Philips Hue Personal Wireless Lighting Light strip; Finish Dishwasher Tablets
- Spain: SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card; Cecotec Conga Excellence 990 4 in 1 iTech 3.0 robot vacuum cleaner
- Singapore: Coca-Cola Zero Sugar; Play-Doh Shape and Learn Shape a Story; Kleenex Ultra Soft Toilet Tissue
- Netherlands: Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10 LED Spot; Sandisk Micro SD
- Mexico: Ace Powder Laundry Detergent; Amazon Basics USB Lightning Cable
- Luxembourg: Jamie Oliver Tefal pan; Brita water filter; Solar-lamp in Preserve Jar with USB connector
- Japan: Top Super Nanox Liquid Laundry Detergent + Extra Large Refill, SAVAS Whey Protein 100 cocoa flavor 1050g
- Italy: Finish Dishwasher Tabs All in 1 Max; Braun Multi-grooming Kit Precision Trimmer 9-in-1 for beard Styling; Hoover Rechargeable Broom 2-in-1 Freedom
- India: Redmi Y2 Gold 32 GB smartphone; Tata salt; Mi 10000mAH Li Polymer Power Bank 2i
- Germany and Austria: PlayStation Plus Membership; Jamie Oliver Pan by Tefal; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug
- France: PlayStation Plus Membership; SanDisk Ultra 64GB memory card, TP Link Wi-Fi connected plug
- China: Philips Sonicare Healthy White HX6730 Toothbrush; Braun Digital Ear Thermometer; Paul & Joe Beaute Moisturizing Foundation
- Canada: Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use; LifeStraw Personal Water Filter; Bose QuietComfort Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Belgium: SanDisk Ultra 128GB memory card; Osmart Zigbee Smart Plug; Philips Hue lightbulbs
- Australia: PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Console with Bonus Fortnite Content; FIFA 18 for PlayStation 4; Philips Hue lightbulbs
For the first time, U.S. Prime members celebrated Prime Day with a week of savings at Whole Foods Market. Members saved millions of dollars at Whole Foods Market with Prime Day deals, of which the best-selling deal was organic strawberries. Small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon far exceeded $1 billion in sales this Prime Day.
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2018
- A record number of Prime members shopped across 17 countries.
- Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 16 than any previous day in Amazon history.
- Customers purchased millions of Fire TV devices on Amazon globally during Prime Day.
- Prime Day was the biggest event ever for Echo devices with screens, Echo Show and Echo Spot.
- Customers purchased more than five million items in each of the following categories: Toys, Beauty products, PCs and computer accessories, Apparel and Kitchen products.
- Prime Day was the best event ever for Amazon devices for kids, including Echo Dot Kids Edition, Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet and Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet.
- July 16 was the best day ever for Fire TV devices and Kindle e-readers on Amazon globally.
- For the first time, members in Australia, Singapore, the Netherlands and Luxembourg participated in Prime Day.
- Millions of customers around the world streamed Unboxing Prime Day events including the Amazon Music concert with Ariana Grande as well as the PUBG Squad Showdown hosted by Twitch Prime with a performance by deadmau5.
U.S. Highlights from Prime Day 2018
This Prime Day, members enjoyed access to Amazon device deals 12 hours earlier. The Toshiba 4K Ultra HD Fire TV Edition (50-inch) and the Toshiba 4K Ultra HD Fire TV Edition (43-inch) are now the best-selling TV deals in Amazon history – together selling over six times as many TVs compared to last year’s record-setting Fire TV Edition.
Other US Prime 2018 Day highlights include:
- July 17 was the biggest sales day for smart home devices in Amazon history, with over a million devices sold.
- Ring had its biggest day ever on Amazon on July 16, with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro selling out.
- The Amazon Cloud Cam was the best-selling security camera deal in Amazon history.
- For the first time, U.S. Prime members celebrated Prime Day with a week of savings at Whole Foods Market. Members saved millions of dollars at Whole Foods Market with Prime Day deals, of which the best-selling deal was organic strawberries.
- Members purchased more than 300,000 Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi Use and 150,000 LifeStraw Personal Water Filters.
- Members stocked up for back-to-school and off-to-college season, purchasing millions of pencils and pens.
- Some of the top sellers from Amazon brands, by category, were Stone & Beam Ceramic Geometric Table Lamp; Presto! Ultra Soft Toilet Paper; Daily Ritual Women’s Jersey Short-Sleeve V-Neck T-Shirt Dress and AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet.
Unboxing Unique Experiences Around the Globe
In the week leading up to Prime Day 2018, millions of customers streamed the Unboxing Prime Day events. Amazon Music hosted an exclusive concert featuring Ariana Grande, Alessia Cara, Julia Michaels and Kelsea Ballerini in New York, Twitch Prime invited deadmau5 to take on the world’s top gamers in a PUBG Squad Showdown in Los Angeles and customers in London, Tokyo and Milan were able to join in the live celebration with a number of unique experiences.
Prime Day 2018 Spotlighted Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Small and medium-sized businesses selling on Amazon far exceeded $1 billion in sales this Prime Day. Products from these unique sellers increase variety, selection, and contribute to the ever-expanding inventory available to Prime members worldwide.