Spikes Asia has announced the 2021 Jury President line-up as well as the full juries for the Tangrams Strategy and Effectiveness Awards. Sixteen industry leaders across networks, independent agencies and advertisers have been appointed to lead juries across both awards.
Spikes Asia presents a unique opportunity for entrants to benchmark a piece of work in both creativity and effectiveness at the same time across two of the region’s most prestigious award programmes in branded marketing communications – Spikes Awards and Tangrams Strategy & Effectiveness Awards.
The presidents along with their juries will evaluate entries submitted into 28 combined Spikes and Tangrams award types spanning the industry’s spectrum.
Philip Thomas, President, Ascential Marketing Division & Chairman, Spikes Asia, said, “This is a collective of leading experts from across the Asia-Pacific region whose knowledge and experience places them well to recognise genuine creative excellence while understanding the unique nuances of individual markets.
“The 2021 Tangrams jury is our biggest line-up in the nearly two decade history of the awards and we’re proud to have achieved gender parity. We look forward to seeing the creative and effectiveness benchmark set for the region,” Thomas said.
The Spikes Awards Jury Presidents have been announced as follows:
Brand Experience & Activation and Creative eCommerce
Malcolm Poynton, Global Chief Creative Officer, President Creative, Cheil Worldwide
Since joining Cheil Worldwide as the network’s first ever Global Chief Creative Officer in 2015, Malcolm has developed Cheil into one of the world’s leading creative networks. In the past year alone, Cheil WW has won over 350 global awards.
Creative Effectiveness & Creative Strategy
Kaveri Khullar, Vice President, Consumer Marketing, Mastercard Asia Pacific
In her role Kaveri is responsible for the Digital, Brand and Sponsorships mandate for Mastercard, in the AP region. Prior to joining Mastercard she had commercial and marketing roles with EMI Virgin and Diageo which included heading marketing for the Scotch & Luxury spirits portfolio and heading marketing innovation for Johnnie Walker globally.
Design and Industry Craft
Rajdeepak Das, Managing Director India and Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett, South Asia, Leo Burnett
When Raj became the head of Leo Burnett in South Asia six years ago, he had one goal – how to impact a million lives using design and technology. Over the years, he and his team have designed several platforms for good, including the world’s first anti-collusion road management system. Rajdeepak has won multiple awards, including the Inaugural Glass Lion Grand Prix and the first Innovation Lion for India.
Digital, Mobile and Digital Craft
Yasuharu Sasaki, Head of Digital Creative and Executive Creative Director, Dentsu Inc.
Yasu joined Dentsu in 1995, where he accomplished advertising’s greatest feat: staying at the same agency for 25 years. Throughout his career, he has worked on clients such as Shiseido, Coca-Cola, Glico and Honda, been awarded several Cannes Lions and served as the Jury President of the Creative Data Lions in 2019. Yasu is in charge of leading Dentsu’s digital creative and innovation teams in developing digital brand experiences and integrated solutions using the latest technologies.
Direct and Outdoor
Tara Ford, Chief Creative Officer, DDB Sydney
Alongside her role at DDB Sydney, Tara Ford is a Board Member of the Advertising Council of Australia. She has made a career from mold breaking creative leadership and iconic creative work at some of the most creative agencies around the world. Tara’s work has been consistently recognised at the highest level, including at Cannes Lions and Spikes Asia. Tara has judged and chaired at every major global award show and is an active mentor to young creatives.
Entertainment and Music
Emily Bull, Managing Director, Founder, hellofuture.tv
Emily is a Branded Entertainment Executive Producer, with over 20 years of industry experience. As a passionate advocate of film content within the digital space, Emily has worked across numerous high profile brands and hopes that her vision of brands becoming broadcasters in their own right comes true. Emily has joined several jury teams, including the Cannes Lions 2019 Entertainment Jury and the Spike Asia 2015 Branded Content & Entertainment jury where she led as Jury President.
Michael Ritchie, Managing Director, Co – Owner, Revolver/Will O’Rourke
Michael began his career in agencies at Ogilvy in Sydney and DDB HK before moving into the production side. 1999 saw his most successful collaboration when he joined and later became partners with Steve Rogers at Revolver. In 2018, Revolver/Will O’Rourke were awarded runner-up for the prestigious Cannes Lions Palme d’Or and won the Spikes Palm Award the same year. This is on top of winning over 15 gold Lions, including 3 Grands Prix over the years.
Film, Print & Publishing and Radio & Audio
Piyush Pandey, Chief Creative Officer, Worldwide & Executive Chairman, India, Ogilvy
After joining Ogilvy in August 1982 as an Account Executive, Piyush became Executive Chairman and National Creative Director of Ogilvy India in 2004 and Chief Creative Officer, Worldwide in January 2019. Over his career, Piyush has received several accolades, including the prestigious Lion of St. Mark.
John Scott, Creative Director, Ward6 Singapore
John’s career began in fashion & editorial design before he found his way to Pharma and health and wellness advertising at Ward6. John has over 17+ years of experience working in advertising and also runs a creative ideation, photography, and film studio with a small team of like minded creative professionals – creating content, film, vlog content, and workshops for photographers and creatives.
Joakim (jab) Borgström, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, BBH
Jab started his BBH career as Group Creative Director in London in 2014 and later progressed to being the Worldwide Chief Creative Officer in 2019. Under his tenure, BBH Singapore produced standout, broad ranging examples of modern creativity such as ‘Human Catalogue’ for IKEA and ‘Battle Force Live’ for Nike. Jab is the winner of over 200+ awards including 11 Cannes Lions and a Cannes Lions Grand Prix.
Mark Heap, CEO APAC, MediaCom
Mark began his career journey with MEC as a summer intern and as a graduate at JWT London. Since becoming an agency leader, Mark and his team have received multiple Agency of the Year awards and Mark has been awarded Asia Pacific Agency Head of the Year and Greater China Agency Head of the Year.
Vanessa Ho Nikolovski, Managing Director, Weber Shandwick
Vanessa has managed the communications needs and reputations of a diverse range of companies and brands through impactful multi-year programs. In 20 years at Weber Shandwick, she has worked with teams to build and grow some of the agency’s largest and most enduring regional client relationships. Vanessa has been active on jury panels and was recognized by The Holmes Report on its 2019 Innovator 25 Asia-Pacific list.
The Tangrams Strategy & Effectiveness Awards Jury Presidents have been revealed as:
Anita Kanal, Vice President, Consumer Marketing for Asia Pacific, Visa Worldwide Pte Limited
Kanal heads up the regional consumer marketing function across AP and is responsible for improving AP’s marketing effectiveness using new data & technology and delivering best-in-class marketing programs. She also sits on the Asia Pacific Marketing Leadership Team. Bringing over 20 years of experience from global strategy and digital marketing firms, her experience includes B2B and B2C clients across a wide range of industries.
Data & Analytics and eCommerce
Ken Mandel, Regional Managing Director of GrabAds & Brand Insights, Grab
With over 25 years of building, advising and leading marketing & technology companies in Asia Pacific, Ken Mandel previously held leadership roles with WPP, Yahoo!, BuddyMedia, Salesforce.com, Hootsuite and Publicis. Ken is also a keen supporter of the Asian digital industry and has held numerous industry association Chairmanships. Ken’s current role at Grab is an eclectic accumulation of almost everything he has done over his pioneering career.
Richa Goswami, Global Head of Customer and International, Wealth and Personal Banking, HSBC
Richa is a consumer-centric, digital innovator with proven business and brand building skills acquired at the world’s leading financial and consumer healthcare brands. Voted as one of the top 6 marketers in the world by the WFA, she is recognised in the Top 25 CMOs and Innovators in Asia-Pacific. Richa has a wealth of experience in evolving traditional business practices into digital models and orchestrating organisational change spanning over 30 countries across the globe, across multiple industries in senior leadership roles and has also been a startup founder.
Sindhuja Rai, Global Media Investment Lead, Mondelēz International
Sindhuja is responsible for maximizing opportunities in the area of partnership and value optimization to deliver greater ROI and impact on media investments across the globe. Additionally, she continues to lead Media and Digital in AMEA and will continue to work closely with brands and markets to activate their strategic priorities across the region. Sindhuja has over 20 years of experience in media and digital gained in agencies, consulting and client organizations.
The full Tangrams Strategy & Effectiveness Awards jury has also been announced as follows:
- Adrian Adshade, Head of Strategy, MullenLowe Group Singapore
- Edward Booty, Chief Strategy Officer, APAC, Publicis Groupe
- Sean Donovan, President, Asia, TBWA
- Bob Grove, Chief Operating Officer, APAC, Edelman
- Alex Lubar, President, McCann Worldgroup Asia Pacific
- Vishnu Mohan, Chairman & CEO India, SEA & North Asia, Havas Group
- Tuomas Peltoniemi, EVP, Managing Director, APAC, R/GA
- Nirvik Singh, Global Chief Operating Officer, Chairman & CEO Asia Pacific, Middle East &
- Africa, Grey Group Pte Ltd
- Dheeraj Sinha, Managing Director – India, Chief Strategy Officer – South Asia, Leo Burnett
- Sharon Soh, Head Of Integrated Strategy & Marketing, UM APAC
- Simone Tam, CEO, Greater China, DentsuMCGARRYBOWEN International
- Andy Wilson, Head of Strategy, Asia, BBDO Asia
- Tobias Wilson, VP of Growth – APAC, MediaMonks
Anita Kanal, Vice President, Consumer Marketing for Asia Pacific, Visa Worldwide Pte Limited – Jury President
- Ganesh Bangalore, Sr. Director Marketing, Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd
- Will Brockbank, GM Global Marketing, Zespri International
- Somnath Dasgupta, Marketing and Innovation Director, Diageo Korea
- Jasper Distel, SVP, International Group Head of Marketing, Gojek
- Francis Flores, Jollibee Foods Corporation PH Country Business Group Marketing Head &
- Jollibee PH Marketing Head, Jollibee
- Siew Ting Foo, Vice President and Global Head of Marketing Strategy and Planning, Print Category, HP Inc
- Dilen Gandhi, Sr. Director & Category Head, PepsiCo India
- Gaurav Gupta, Strategy Director – APAC, Kimberly Clark
- Marga Mathijssen, Head of Global Marketing and Expansions Health&Wellbeing, Unilever
- Joanne Pizel, Senior Director, P&G
- Jodie Sangster, CMO, IBM
- Reetika Singh, Digital Sales Strategy, Regional Lead for Asia & EMEA, Citi
- Kristina Strunz, Global Division Director Prestige, Shiseido
- Wendy Walker, Senior Director Marketing ASEAN, Salesforce
- Sadaf Zarrar, Director Integrated Content and Creative Excellence, The Coca-Cola Company
Data & Analytics and eCommerce Jury
- Emmanuel Caisse, Head of Analytics & Intelligence, APAC, Weber Shandwick
- Jenessa Carder, Vice President, CX Strategy, Dentsu Isobar
- Cecile Courbon, Senior Director e-commerce, Mindshare
- Suzanne Croxford, Partner, Marketing Technology & Data, Wunderman Thompson
- Ritika Gupta, Regional eCommerce Director, APAC, Reprise Digital (Mediabrands)
- Keita Kimura, Communication Planning Director, Dentsu Tokyo
- Cyrille Vincent Locatelli, Data Strategy Lead, Singapore & AMEA, Grey Group Pte Ltd
- Eunice Loh, Digital & Platforms Director, SEA, Wavemaker
- Hari Ramanathan, Chief Strategy and Transformation Officer, VMLY&R Asia
- Takeyuki Sakaguchi, Executive manager, Marketing Group, Global Integrated Solution Div., Hakuhodo
- Bryce Whitwam, CEO, MRM China
Ken Mandel, Regional Managing Director of GrabAds & Brand Insights, Grab – Jury President
- Ayumi Ai, Online Director, Asia Pacific, Estee Lauder Companies Asia Pacific
- Stanley Choi, Head of eCommerce, Samsonite
- Elaine Chum, Head of Digital & eCommerce Transformation, North Asia Area, BAT
- Joanna Derry, Head of Insights & Corporate Brand, Nestle Australia
- Ajay Gopalakrishnan, Senior director, Sanofi
- Bernice Klaassen, SVP Existing Client Marketing, APAC Middle East Europe, Citi
- Min Lin, CDO & eCom Director, L’oreal APAC ACD
- Chris Maier, Head of Marketing Science, Nike Greater China, Nike
- Ganna Makarenkova, Marketing Excellence Lead, AMEA, Mondelez International
- Chris Maloney, Regional Consumer Engagement & E-Business Director, Moët Hennessy
- Jack Wang, Global eBusiness Director, Danone Waters
Digital Strategy Jury
- Bea Atienza, Chief Strategy Officer, Dentsu
- Geraldine Cheung, Managing Director, L’Atelier China
- Bitop Das Gupta, AVP & Lead, Strategic Planning, Grey Group Bangladesh
- Gordon Domlija, President APAC, CEO China, Wavemaker
- Tripti Lochan, co-CEO, Asia, VMLY&R
- Annette Male, CEO, APAC, Wunderman Thompson
- Richard McCabe, Regional Strategic Director, APAC, McCann Worldgroup
- Luke Nathans, Regional CEO, APAC, Iris
- Theresa Nie, Head of Fortune Lab, Cheil
- Josephine Pan, CEO, Shanghai, FCB Shanghai
- Eva Qin, Head of Strategy, AKQA
- Eunice Tan, Managing Partner, The Secret Little Agency
Richa Goswami, Global Head of Customer and International, Wealth and Personal Banking, HSBC – Jury President
- Jessica Beaton, Director, Digital & Media, APAC, Studios, The Walt Disney Company
- Ivana Bianchet Kestermann, Director, Head of CMO APAC Business Management, Platform & Digital Marketing, Credit Suisse AG
- Leroy Chua, Regional Digital Marketing Director, Shiseido Asia Pacific
- Elveena Cornelio, Asia Digital & Integrated Marketing Lead – CBG, 3M
- Alin Dobrea, Head of Marketing Solutions and Partnerships, ZALORA Group
- Denis Dong, Director of eCommerce and member acquisition, Starbucks China
- Paul Anthony Katimbang, Senior Global Brand Director, Unilever
- Elman Lee, Marketing Director, Group Convenience, 7-Eleven Hong Kong, Macau, South China and Singapore ( Dairy Farm Company, Limited)
- Minali Shah, Director, Corporate Marketing, Global Marketing, Abbott Laboratories
- Shannon Taylor, Vice President, Greater China Baby Care, The Procter & Gamble Company
- Srivatsa, Director of Digital Marketing, Viu
- Sarah Weyman, Director Direct Partnerships, Nike China
- Yvonne Wong, Global Demand Generation – Total Brand Experience Director for APAC, Johnson & Johnson Vision
- Becky Yeung, Regional Head of Brand Partnerships, Asia, Warner Music Asia
Pei Ling Ho, Creative Director APAC, Unskippable Labs, Google
Media Strategy Jury
- Avery Akkineni, Head of VaynerMedia APAC, VaynerMedia APAC
- Wan-Gyn Ang, CEO, Carat China
- Josh Gallagher, Chief Product Officer, MediaCom
- James Hawkins, Chief Executive Officer, APAC, PHD
- Pat Law, Founder, Goodstuph Private Limited
- Vincent Niou, Associate Vice President, Programmatic and Data Strategy, APAC, Essence
- Amrita Randhawa, CEO, Mindshare Asia Pacific
- Olly Taylor, Chief Strategy Officer, Host/Havas
- Leigh Terry, CEO APAC, Mediabrands
- Karen Wang, Chief Strategy Officer, Wunderman Thompson
- Charlotte Wright, Chief Growth Officer Asia-Pacific, Wavemaker
Sindhuja Rai, Global Media Investment Lead, Mondelēz International – Jury President
- Dhiren Amin, CMO Asia, Kraft Heinz
- Anupama Biswas, Regional Director – Ecommerce, Media & Analytics, Kellogg Pvt Ltd
- Vinitra Chaudhuri, Director Digital Engagements, Media and Connection Planning – ASEAN, The Coca-Cola Company
- Benjamin Goh, Marketing & Communications Director, Montblanc, Richemont Luxury
- Alex Khoury, Senior Director – Marketing, Visa Inc.
- Borko Kovacevic, Chief Operating and Marketing Officer (Singapore), Microsoft
- Lennard Kwek, Head of Marketing, Asia Pacific & China, Bridgestone Asia Pacific
- Peter Larko, Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Mercedes-Benz Hong Kong Ltd.
- Silas Lewis-Meilus, Senior Director, APAC Head of Media, GSK
- Pei Hua Lin, Head of Marketing & E-Commerce, Shilla Travel Retail Pte Ltd
- Maud Meijboom-van Wel, Brand Development & Communication Director Heineken, HEINEKEN
- Veneeta Ranjan, Region Media Manager – APAC, Ferrero Asia Pacific
- Shane Wan, Head of Global Fuels Marketing, Shell