SodaStream, the leading sparkling water brand releases its 2021 campaign in support of Pride month. The brand teams up with Emmy-nominated actress and prominent trans advocate Laverne Cox in a beautifully animated film entitled, Rainbow story.
The film stars Laverne as a superhero and takes us through key moments in her life, beginning with a live action sequence and transitioning into animation as Laverne’s story unfolds.
We see her evolve from childhood and the challenges that brought into the strong accomplished woman she is today, taking part in major milestones for LGBTQI+ rights and celebrating her personal achievements, some of which were a first for the trans community all over the world. The video leaves viewers with a message from Laverne encouraging people to proudly share their own rainbow story.
In celebration of Pride Month, SodaStream is also releasing Limited Edition ‘Rainbow Story’ Sparkling Water Maker kits. The ‘Rainbow Story’ machine features a sleek matte black design and comes with a special pack of six rainbow markers, inviting consumers to personalize their machines by writing or illustrating their personal pride stories.
Laverne Cox, actress, said, “I love SodaStream and I love the idea of being a superhero. I also love that part of the proceeds from the sale of this Rainbow Story SodaStream are going to an NGO that services the LGBTQI+ community all over the world. I think giving back and being of service is really what it’s all about,” Cox added.
Karin Schifter-Maor, SodaStream Chief Marketing Officer, said, “At SodaStream we stand for equality. We are happy to participate in Pride again this year and honored to collaborate with Laverne, a real life super hero who inspires all of us.
“We hope our special edition sparkling water maker will encourage our consumers to share their own story with pride,” Schifter-Maor said.
The Limited Edition ‘Rainbow Story’ Sparkling Water Maker kit is available at www.sodastream.com for $99.99.
To further the cause, for the third year in a row SodaStream is partnering with ILGA World, a global LGBTQI+ NGO, and 10% of proceeds from the ‘Rainbow Story’ products will be donated to the organization.
My Rainbow story
- Client: SodaStream International
- Creative: Jez willy, Wayne Hanson, Yariv Ratner
- Production Company: Jiminy Creative
- Director: Uri Schutzer
- Exc. Producer: Kobi Hoffmann
- Post Producer: Orit Pinco
- Production Services: Rodeo Show
- Production Service exc. Producer: Hani Selim
- Service Producer: Dawn Hoffman
- Director of Photography: Itai Neeman
- Production Designer: Adam Jette
- Stylist: Christina Pacelli // The Only Agency
- Hair: Kiyah Wright
- Make-up: Tay Rivera Nails: Eri Ishizu // Opus Beauty
- Editing Company: Jiminy Creative
- Editor: Yair Tamir
- Edit Assist: Sivan Meisliz
Soundtrack / My Rainbow
- Original Music: Tomer Biran
- Sound Design: Avi Zonshine, Broadcast Media
VFX & Design
- VFX, Color, Animation & Post: The-Artery
- Executive Creative Director: Vico Sharabani
- Executive Post-Producer: Deborah Sullivan
- Post Producer: Emily Brown
- Animation Supervisor: Yonatan Tal
- Animation: Joey Karwal, Miles Schlenker, Josh Brennan, Vivian Le, Greg Barry
- Flame: Aarif Attarwala, Asaf Yeger, Micky Gorenstein
- CG: Joe Grundfast
- Color Grading: Stephen Picano
Versions and Adaptations – Studio V.01