To all the cricket and IPL fans, Snapchat is partnering with five IPL teams – Delhi Capitals, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, and Chennai Super Kings – to create augmented reality experiences and share exclusive behind-the-scenes updates of the teams.
Due to the current environment of social distancing, fans are unable to visit the stadium to cheer for their favourite team. Starting today, Snapchatters can engage with the IPL teams in a creative way and show their support through a collection of unique AR lenses. Fans can cheer the teams on by using the Facepaint lens of the superb Kings XI Punjab or the Branded cap lens of Aamchi Mumbai. They can also dance to the tune of Chennai Super Kings or play a game of cricket with the KKR team lens.
As the IPL season kickstarts with a lot of enthusiasm, fans can also follow their favourite teams on Snapchat and turn on notifications to not miss out on any of the updates.
- Delhi Capitals (@delhicapitals)
- Kings XI Punjab (@officialkxip)
- Kolkata Knight Rider (@kkrsnaps
- Mumbai Indians (@mi_paltan)
- Chennai Superkings (@cheniipl)
- Rajasthan Royals (@rajasthanroyals)
IPL fans can also follow some of their favourite cricketers:
- Hardik Pandya (alwaysaking11)
- Irfan Pathan (irfan_pathan)
- Yujvender Chahal (yuzi_chahal2323)
- Akshar Patel (aksharpatel2026)
- Mandeep Singh (mandeeps12)
The lenses can be used by scanning the Snapcodes below: