At the Indian Radio Forum held last week, RED FM, one of the largest private radio networks in India, walked away with the maximum award wins including, for the second year in a row, the Best Fm Network award. The IRF this year marked the 14th edition of RED FM’s association with the event that celebrates the best radio stations in India.
Nisha Narayanan, COO, RED FM, was also part of a panel and spoke about ‘Radio’s Dilemma – A Unified Measurement System.’ The session threw some light on the measurement system and the concerns related to it.
Speaking on the wins, Narayanan said, “IRF is undoubtedly the biggest awards currently for the radio industry in India and we are ecstatic to be awarded the maximum number of honours besides being awarded the ‘Best FM Network’ two years in a row. The entire awards season this year has seen RED win big and it reaffirms our commitment in delivering differentiated and quality content.”
The Indian Radio Forum celebrates the best of Indian radio, honouring outstanding programming, on-air personalities, marketing and promotions and creativity within the radio industry. RED FM won 27 Excellence in Radio Awards, making it the most loved station across India.
RED FM won Gold in the following categories at the IRF:
- BEST FM Network
- Most popular RJ – RJ Chaitu
- RJ of the year (English) – RJ Disha
- RJ of the year (Gujarati) – RJ Devaki
- RJ of the year (Hindi non-metro station) – RJ Kabir
- Best Radio Promo – In House (Hindi) – ‘Mumbai Geli Khadyat’- The Pothole song 2.0
- Best Radio Promo – In House (Telugu) –Red FM Book Truck
- Best Radio Promo – In House (English) – ‘Ungli Karo’
- Best Radio Station Imagine- ‘Hook Ho Gaya Hu Tere Sound Pe’
- Best Radio program packaging – The Headphone Show
- Best interactive idea- Mumbai Ki Plastic Surgery
- Most Creative Campaign – Ask Rashmi- World’s first robot RJ
- Best on ground activations by FM station – Ghar ki kheti
- Best use of music/ song. Jingle by an advertiser in a radio spot – Flipkart