Buoyed by a strong performance in September, the company’s monthly sales reached pre- lockdown levels for the first time, indicating a reviving customer sentiment due to the upcoming festive season. Mercedes-Benz India clocked this sales despite facing ongoing market challenges which are influenced strongly by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The September 2020 sales underlines early signs of a gradual recovery influenced by a rejuvenated product portfolio, which is led by the new SUVs.
- Consecutive months of significant growth achieved during the entire Q3 2020
- Strong comeback in Q3 sales also underlines the reviving customer sentiment in view of the upcoming festive period
- SUVs remain the most preferred vehicles of choice for Mercedes-Benz customers with 48% penetration in September 2020 sales, followed by sedans and AMG & Dream Cars
- Volume drivers for Mercedes-Benz remains the GLC, GLE and GLS SUV along with the C-Class and E-Class sedans
- The E-Class sedan continues to remain the single highest selling model for Mercedes- Benz in 2020, followed by the C-Class sedan | The GLC remains the highest selling SUV in Mercedes-Benz portfolio
- A-Class Limousine to be launched in Q4 2020
- Mercedes-Benz India online sales platforms continue to gain popularity, with online bookings comprising up to 20% of Q3 2020 volumes
- 90% growth in Jan-Sep 2020 in the lifestyle accessories store, 1000+ orders fulfilled
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director & CEO, Mercedes-Benz India commented, “We are glad to witness a strong comeback in the course of the last quarter, with a significant increase from month to month within the third quarter.
“This performance is a result driven by our exciting product introductions, rolling-out of attractive financial packages, combined with the gradual pick-up in business and economic activities that has positively influenced customer sentiment.
“We are confident, the upcoming festive season will deliver further momentum for the recovering our sales development. We remain optimistic for the fourth quarter as the current demand situation and the feedback of the customers for our products is very positive,” Schwenk said.
Online sales focus continues:
In view of the current situation, Mercedes-Benz India has strengthened its online offering. As part of its online sales focus, Mercedes-Benz India has been offering a complete online customer journey experience.
The company has been collaborating closely with its retail partners to offer the best customer experience to Mercedes-Benz customers. In July-September 2020 period, Mercedes-Benz India online car booking contributed up to 20% of sales volume, underscoring the growing prominence of online sales platforms and the changing consumer preference for online shopping.
Customers can now visit the online store at www.shop.mercedes-benz.co.in (powered by Roadster) to book their car with a convenient home delivery option available.
Mercedes-Benz India expects a significant part of its total sales to be completely online by 2025. Customers can avail new as well as pre-owned Mercedes-Benz cars online. All dealers in the country, are already part of the portal and enabling customers in their online buying journey, including delivery and complete customer services support.