Disney+Hotstar, MX Player, and VOOT were the Top 3 OTT Platforms in Week 9 of 2021 (Feb 28 – March 06), per Chrome OTT’s popular list of Top 12 OTT platforms which shares valuable insights and guidance on content for OTT platform executives and media buying insights for custodians of numerous brands respectively.
The week’s report of how the OTT Platforms acquitted themselves, the Top 10 shows across OTT Platforms, and the Top 10 Binged shows, is out, and reveals that 1962: The War in the Hills and Live Telecast — both Disney+Hotstar shows – were at Numbers 1 and 2 in the week’s Top 10 shows, followed by SonyLIV’s Girls Hostel2.0.
Chrome OTT, which fills a major industry need-gap of credible currency for the measurement of usership metrics of the various OTT platforms that have seen a major upswing in sheer number of users and the time they spend on, with levels of engagement with, the OTT platforms, also reveals that in Week 9/21, 1962: The War in the Hills, Girls Hostel 2.0, and Live Telecast were also the three top shows on the most binged list.
Top 12 OTT Platforms in Week 9 2021 (Feb 28- 6 Mar)
Disney+ Hotstar, MX Player and Voot were the three top OTT platforms in India. Disney+Hotstar was the top OTT platform with a reach of 5.97% translating into 34.22 million unique viewers, followed by MX Player with 22.73 million unique viewers and a reach of 3.96%. VOOT came in third place with a reach of 2.30% translating into 13.17 million unique viewers.
Top Platforms: At a glance
Unique viewers (In Million)*
|Amazon Prime Video||0.13%||0.72|
Disclaimer: Platform level data is captured regardless of whether consumed via a paid subscription or by sharing of credentials amongst non-subscribers.
TOP 10 SHOWS
Disney+Hotstar’s 1962: The War in the Hills maintained its lead as the top show during COTT week 9 2021 (Feb 28- Mar 6) with 47.42 million unique viewers— and a reach of 8.26%, followed by another Disney+Hotstar series, Live Telecast, which engaged 27.5 million unique viewers— a reach of 4.79%.
SonyLIV’s Girls Hostel 2.0 came in at 3rd place reaching 4.41% or 25.27 million unique viewers.
Top 10 shows – unique visitor numbers:
Unique visitors (In Million)
|1962: The war in the Hills||8.26%||47.42|
|Girls Hostel 2.0||4.41%||25.27|
|College Romance Season 2||4.20%||24.1|
|Hello Mini 2||3.45%||19.77|
|Dev DD season 2||3.32%||19.08|
Disclaimer: Show level data is captured regardless of whether consumed via a paid subscription, pirated /alternate platforms or by sharing of credentials amongst non-subscribers. As a result of which the reach of a show could be higher than that of the platform itself.
TOP BINGED SHOWS:
Disney+Hotstar’s show 1962: The War in the Hills bagged the top spots in the list of top binged shows in Week 9 with 18.49 million unique viewers translating to a reach of 3.22%, followed by SonyLIV’s Girls Hostel 2.0. that garnered 10.29 million unique viewers or reach of 1.80%.
Another Disney+Hotstar show Live Telecast filled in the third spot with a reach of 1.54% and clocking in 8.82 million unique viewers.
Unique viewers (In Million)
|1962: The war in the Hills||3.22%||18.49|
|Girls Hostel 2.0||1.80%||10.29|
|Hello Mini 2||1.21%||6.98|
|College Romance Season 2||1.07%||6.14|
|Dev DD season 2||0.81%||4.67|
Chrome DM’s Chrome OTT service is available to subscribers via app and the internet, and covers and provides information on all detailed aspects of OTT players across 3429 towns and 5,93,615 villages, translating to 574 million Internet Users, along with the customized dashboards and analytics.
- Live viewership of platforms/shows on-the-go
- Real-time migration of platforms on-the-go
- Customised Web Dashboard on-the-go
- Rich & comprehensive client interface for detailed viewership, share, TSV data reports by demographic by genre and by market on-the-go
- Chrome DM’s COTT(www.chromeott.com): All primary inputs are a hybrid of auto generated data via Chrome DM’s SDKs & captured content consumption via Chrome DM’s survey apps. E.g. Top Platforms & Top Shows modules are auto generated from the SDKs, whereas artiste affinity/ awareness scores come from the Chrome DM’s survey apps. These inputs are captured across a subset of Chrome’s panel of 70,406respondents. The surveys are conducted on base of the following parameters: Demographics, Sociographies and Psychographics.Amongst the multiple insights the Chrome OTT Panel provides to its subscribers are inputs that can help with content evaluation and planning, through measurements of actor affinity and ratings of their on-screen presence, which would assist content makers to identify the right talent for the right genre or theme of shows.