Disney+Hotstar, MX Player and SonyLIV were the Top 3 OTT Platforms in Week 17 of 2021 (Apr 25 – May 1),per Chrome OTT’s popular list of Top 12 OTT platforms.
Week 17’s report of how the OTT Platforms acquitted themselves, the Top 10 shows across OTT Platforms, the Top 10 Binged shows, and the Top Movies is out, and reveals that MX Player‘s Hello Mini 3 and Bisaat secured the first and second spot on both the Top 10 shows and the Top 10 Binged list respectively.
SonyLIV‘s Kathmandu Connection secured the third spot on the Top Show List, while Disney+Hotstar’s Out of Love Season 2 took the third spot on the Top Binged list
Chrome OTT, which fills a major industry need-gap of credible currency for the measurement of usership metrics of the various OTT platforms that have seen a major upswing in sheer number of users and the time they spend on, with levels of engagement with, the OTT platforms, also reveals that in Week 17/21, Disney+Hotstar‘s The big bull continued to reign as the Top Movie.
Unique viewers (In Million)*
|Hello Mini 3||0.70%||3.98|
|Out of Love S2||0.62%||3.54|
|Queen of The South S5||0.42%||2.40|
|Love, Lust & Confusion||0.28%||1.59|
|I Know This Much Is True||0.27%||1.56|
Disney+Hotstar‘s The Big Bull continues to reign in the top spot with 8.85 million unique viewers translating to a reach of 1.54% in COTT week 17’ 2021 followed by Ugly available on Disney+Hotstar, MX Player and Prime Video garnered a reach of 1.05% and engaged 6.02 million unique viewers.
In the third place came the Academy award winning Nomadland available on Disney+Hotstar which garnered a reach of 1.05% and engaged 6.00 million unique viewers.
Top Movies: At a glance
Unique viewers (In Million)*
|The Big Bull||1.54%||8.85|
|Nine Warriors: Part 2||0.75%||4.33|
|Women of Honour: Destination Army||0.44%||2.52|
Chrome DM’s Chrome OTT service is available to subscribers via app and the internet, and covers and provides information on all detailed aspects of OTT players across 3429 towns and 5,93,615 villages, translating to 574 million Internet Users, along with the customized dashboards and analytics.
- Live viewership of platforms/shows on-the-go
- Real-time migration of platforms on-the-go
- Customised Web Dashboard on-the-go
- Rich & comprehensive client interface for detailed viewership, share, TSV data reports by demographic by genre and by market on-the-go
- Chrome DM’s COTT(www.chromeott.com): All primary inputs are a hybrid of auto generated data via Chrome DM’s SDKs & captured content consumption via Chrome DM’s survey apps. E.g. Top Platforms & Top Shows modules are auto generated from the SDKs, whereas artiste affinity/ awareness scores come from the Chrome DM’s survey apps. These inputs are captured across a subset of Chrome’s panel of 70,406respondents. The surveys are conducted on base of the following parameters: Demographics, Sociographies and Psychographics. Amongst the multiple insights the Chrome OTT Panel provides to its subscribers are inputs that can help with content evaluation and planning, through measurements of actor affinity and ratings of their on-screen presence, which would assist content makers to identify the right talent for the right genre or theme of shows.